Monday, September 7, 2009

Big Sandy Creek Farm

We arrived shortly before the rest of our group. . .

Obviously not the real thing. . .

Scott showing off his artistic side through photography

A three-week old calf

Derrick and Scott tried to tell McCance that it was the smell of money,
but he told them, "I want to go home now."


Farmer Julie helps three girls pretend to churn milk into butter--
well, first they donned the hats and aprons.


McCance, Eden Grace, and Bradford wait for the hayride to begin

About half of our group checking out the heifers eating their treat

A view of the heifers as we rode through the pasture

A heifer

McCance and Andrew take turns on the Massey-Ferguson

Cora borrowed Bradford's farmers cap (Macoupin-Montgomery Farm Service)

This poor mama-to-be Holstein--I don't think I ever felt quite like
she looks when I was pregnant! She was due any minute.


This was where they mixed the food for the cows so that it
contained the correct percentages of the grains that they need (nutritionally).



Afterwards, we took our picnic to Harris Shoals Park in Watkinsville.
The boys climbed on the shoals.

I don't recall ever seeing a sign like this before.



One final slide before heading home


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

LOL! We were at that park with our homeschool group before and one of the kids asked what that sign said. When someone told him it said "Caution Snakes", he said, "Oh! We have Caution Snakes at our house too!"
Ha ha ha ha

Search My Blog