Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Yet Another ER Visit Avoided
While we were visiting with John on Friday night, Scott and I took many turns taking the boys to the restroom. It seems they drink liters and liters of water when we go out to a restaurant. As McCance and I were leaving the stall from one of these trips, he began to scream terribly. I immediately knew that his finger must have been pinched, although I didn't know how since I had been holding his hand as we came out. Sure enough. Blood was pouring (or so it seemed at the time) out of his little ring finger. I ran it under cold water for a second and then just ran out to our table so the men could help me out with the hysterical child and the hurt finger and determine how bad it really was. Scott stuck it in a glass of ice water--good for the finger, not for the hysterical kid, but in the end it was his Daddy who really helped him to calm down. It stopped bleeding, got pretty swollen, but is well on it's way to healing now. In fact, today it's barely swollen anymore. I'm just thankful for McCance's "transition" lately in becoming very attached to his Daddy.

And proof that he's not traumatized for life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search My Blog
Blogs That Make Me Hungry
My Blog Reading List
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(157)
-
▼
April
(17)
- Bible Storytime Before Bed
- They're Sure Cute When They're Asleep
- Caterpillar
- Sprinkle Is Sprinkled Yet Again!
- 37 Weeks and Counting
- Easter Egg Hunt--St. James Style
- McCance's Finger Part II
- Bradford's Birthday Dinner
- Balloons
- Bradford's 6th Birthday Party
- Sleepy Boy
- One-on-one Time
- Birthday Party x Two
- Yet Another ER Visit Avoided
- Old Friends
- My Puddle Jumpers In Action
- Fun in the Tub
-
▼
April
(17)
No comments:
Post a Comment