


the symphony!! Last Wednesday we (minus Scott since he had to teach) set out on a cultural adventure to Atlanta, leaving about 7:45 a.m., which is a pretty major feat in and of itself. We met a group of friends from our homeschool co-op at the Woodruff Arts Center and enjoyed a wonderful and educational performance by the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. One of the selections was "Habenera" from Bizet's Carmen, and we were pleasantly surprised to hear a woman sing with the orchestra. Bradford seemed to truly be captivated. McCance liked it, but appeared a bit overwhelmed. Cora contentedly nursed through part of it and sat on my lap and listened for the rest of the performance. We walked across the way and went to the DaVinci exhibit at the High Museum of Art afterwards. I'm more of a Michaelangelo fan myself, but DaVinci was a genius. The contemporary exhibit at the High is fabulous. (I enjoyed it more than the DaVinci.) Bradford--and McCance--preferred the architecture exhibit which included some amazing models of some amazing buildings. This was the first time I'd driven to/in Atlanta ever, even though we've lived here over 13 years now. I was pretty nervous, but I think I've conquered that fear. So much so that we're going on Thursday to the Atlanta Ballet!
No comments:
Post a Comment