Scott's co-worker, Ms. Moore gifted us some lovely tomatoes and peppers, including jalapenos. Normally when I get a gob of tomatoes I roast them into a lovely marinara with fresh basil, but I wanted to work in those beautiful jalapenos so a fresh salsa was the result. Originally I had planned to can it, something I'd heard about and kinda watched from the background a lot, but never done. In the end it worked out better to freeze it this time. We've already eaten several jars already with a little help from some friends.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Salsa
Scott's co-worker, Ms. Moore gifted us some lovely tomatoes and peppers, including jalapenos. Normally when I get a gob of tomatoes I roast them into a lovely marinara with fresh basil, but I wanted to work in those beautiful jalapenos so a fresh salsa was the result. Originally I had planned to can it, something I'd heard about and kinda watched from the background a lot, but never done. In the end it worked out better to freeze it this time. We've already eaten several jars already with a little help from some friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YUM! you should definitely bring a jar (or two!) of that to thanksgiving..its looks mucho delicious! :)
Post a Comment