The fun part was that the boys and I climbed in the van, along with Adelaide and drove about five minutes from here to hike and run in the park which is along the Middle Oconee River. Both boys fell in the water while playing in the shoals at the creek area. It wasn't nearly as cold as Lake Michigan so they really didn't mind. We saw a brown toad, two young Five-lined Skinks, and several wildflowers. You will enjoy the photos more than my descriptions.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
A Sunday Hike
The fun part was that the boys and I climbed in the van, along with Adelaide and drove about five minutes from here to hike and run in the park which is along the Middle Oconee River. Both boys fell in the water while playing in the shoals at the creek area. It wasn't nearly as cold as Lake Michigan so they really didn't mind. We saw a brown toad, two young Five-lined Skinks, and several wildflowers. You will enjoy the photos more than my descriptions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This park is beautiful! Where were you? we went to harris shoals park today and I wonder if that's where you were too! If so, we didn't explore enough! let's plan a saturday hike this fall. :)
I didn't know the name of those little blue and black guys- thanks! We have some really great hiking around here, don't we? I am going to try and get us out as much as possible now that the heat is breaking.
Post a Comment