Friday, July 25, 2008

A Day With Oakley

Our neighbor's sweet yellow lab came to spend the day with us. Unbeknownst to her owner. I was on the home stretch walking our dogs when Oakley ran out to greet us. (She gets lonely in her fence and has a secret exit.) She sniffed Jake and Ady and let me give her a pet then frolicked ahead of me. I was calling to her trying to keep her out of harm's way and hoping she'd join me when we got to our house so I could return her safely.

Instead of following me home, she lead me to my door and didn't even wait for an invitation. She just made herself comf
ortable. The boys loved on her and played vet with her and Bradford even read to her. Totally tolerant and well behaved she was.
We attempted to return her to her yard once, but when she ran out to greet us once more we gave up and left a note for our neighbor to pick her up when she got home later that afternoon.

No comments:

Search My Blog