As I began to brush Ady one afternoon, I found a huge gouge on her neck. She had not been anywhere alone where this could've happened but with Jake. I had always suspected that she, being the alpha dog, would be the one who would go after Jake. Scott and I were able to do a little first aid and the gouge has healed well in a week (but left some thick scar tissue). Meanwhile, Jake has to be highly supervised with the boys and he remains gated in the kitchen (as he did previously due to chewing issues) or in the dog run for a little fresh air. We still walk them together at least once a day, but it makes me sad that he has to be so separated from us.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Ady and Jake (probably not for the faint-at-heart)
As I began to brush Ady one afternoon, I found a huge gouge on her neck. She had not been anywhere alone where this could've happened but with Jake. I had always suspected that she, being the alpha dog, would be the one who would go after Jake. Scott and I were able to do a little first aid and the gouge has healed well in a week (but left some thick scar tissue). Meanwhile, Jake has to be highly supervised with the boys and he remains gated in the kitchen (as he did previously due to chewing issues) or in the dog run for a little fresh air. We still walk them together at least once a day, but it makes me sad that he has to be so separated from us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search My Blog
Blogs That Make Me Hungry
My Blog Reading List
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(157)
-
▼
August
(16)
- Happy Birthday, McCance!!
- 3 on A Ladder
- Train Fun--my wordless post for the day
- Dedicated to Jake, Jr.
- Simply Irresistable
- Another Yummy Recipe
- A Lego Genius?
- All Things Pink
- Ady and Jake (probably not for the faint-at-heart)
- Dead Air in Blogging
- And how he's grown, too.
- Welcoming Daddy
- Cooperation, Math, and Attachment Parenting
- My Divine Sandwich
- Look how he's grown!
- Thrift Store Score
-
▼
August
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment