Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Midwest Tour--Day 12

We began the day with a swim. Or play in the water for the boys. Papa Terry walked around the track at Fusion, the local hospital's gym, we got wet in the pool. No pics due to the wet factor, but here's the best online pic. There was a wading pool with two slides and sprinklers for the boys. It connected to the lap pool where I swam about 4 laps of the pool. (I used to do 20 laps every morning of my last year of college.) Scott enjoyed walking against the current in the other section of the pool. We thought McCance would love the water, but he was the most hesitant in the beginning. Of course, by the time we were ready to leave, he was distraught about leaving.

After lunch, we all loaded in the van and drove to C
arlyle to check out the dam and the town as a possible future place to live. Here is the General Dean Suspension Bridge. Dad told us that my uncle, Monte, played in the band when they re-dedicated the foot bridge in 1952.

Driving around town, we found ourselves (Scott and I, that is) dreaming about remodeling (more like gutting and re-building from the inside) this house from 1905. It even has an extra lot. Has anyone ever seen The Money Pit? Not the greatest movie, but you get the idea. The house and property are only $59,000, but take into account the plumbing, wiring, fixing the leaky cellar, insulation, and so forth. Oh, and I nearly forgot--the new garage with living space above it so we have a place to live during the remodel! Dream on, baby! And we will, because it is fun and I'm a sucker for an old house, even though my dream home is more contemporary in style.

No comments:

Search My Blog