By the way, I write The Zoo instead of St. Louis Zoo, because this is "my zoo." The one I've been to regularly since childhood. In my mind it's the greatest. It's free. It's in Forest Park. And now it's improved because they have an awesome penguin house. My favorite animal! And look at the grizzly. Would you really think this guy to be dangerous?
Aunt Cara (or maybe it was Grandma Carole) asked the boys what animal they would each like to be sure to see. McCance chose a horse. At the zoo. Well, they didn't have horses. The closest we could come was the Somali Wild Ass. And the best part was that it had a baby!
Bradford mentioned the giraffe and the elephant, as I recall. But once he remembered that the zoo had a train, the animals became second rate, I think. (This was my boy who would've been ready to go home after we had to stop on the way there and wait for a train in the lovely village of Walshville!) So we were sure to end the day with a train ride for the boys once they had their photo taken with the big bug. And it wasn't just a regular zoo train ride. They sat in the back in front of the conductor, who let them take turns saying "All aboard!" at each stop!!!
2 comments:
wow. cara could be famous. :) she definitely looks like a rock star...or celebrity of some sort. :)
I actually couldn't figure out who that was until I read it. Crazy.
Post a Comment